Recruit-A-Member! SLA is in the midst of the Recruit-A-Member Campaign. From now until October 1, 2011, all current SLA members are asked to participate in finding new or encouraging former members to be a part of SLA. (The Michigan Chapter currently has 165 active members.)
As an incentive, SLA is also offering prizes —
Recruit the most new members (10 or more) and win a gift card valued at $300. The grand prize winner will receive special recognition in SLA’s official magazine, Information Outlook.
But everyone can be a winner:
- An invitation to join from you, a current SLA member, means special recognition for the new member. Every new member recruited will be entered into a drawing with a chance to win a gift card valued at $50.
- The individual who recruits 10 new members will receive a gift card valued at $100.
- The individual who recruits five (5) new members will receive a gift card valued at $50.
- The individual who recruits one (1) new member will receive a President’s Club lapel pin and a membership in the President’s Club, a special designation signifying your dedication to SLA.
- Every recruiter will be recognized on the SLA Website.
How do you get started?
SLA has links to its Membership Tool Kit, which includes tips for recruiting, links to online applications and even a template e-mail to send to potential new members. Go to this link for more information: http://www.sla.org/content/membership/getamember/tipstoolkit.cfm
Remember, the campaign is from now until October 1, 2011. Let’s all work together to recruit new members to our great organization!