Join the Michigan Chapter SLA!
Become a part of a dynamic group of information/library professionals from all areas including corporate, academic, law, publishing, non-profits, and more. As a Michigan Chapter SLA member, you can network and share experiences with other colleagues in a variety of ways, both locally and internationally:
- Local chapter events: The Michigan Chapter SLA has several events throughout the year, both in-person and webinars. A great opportunity for professional development and making connections with colleagues all over Michigan.
- Chair a committee/run for a board position — Learn about the operations of your chapter by joining a committee or running for a board position. A call for nominations, both for board and committee positions is sent to the membership towards the end of the year.
See the chapter website for all chair and board positions.
- National events: The Annual SLA Conference, where you learn valuable information about the world of information and library/informational professionals.
- Continuing Education: SLA’s Click U webinars. Engage in a live interactive Web-based presentation. Take advantage of the programs offered every month.
- Employment opportunities: Find job postings on the Michigan chapter and SLA websites.
Ready to join?
For more information and application forms, go to the SLA Membership page.
- Chapter membership and one division are free; additional chapters and divisions are for an additional fee.
- Students and retirees can join at reduced rates.
- Enjoy Information Outlook, the monthly publication from SLA.
Contact the Membership Chair, Leanna Simon, for more information.